Social Salsa Dance Classes
Welcome to Social Salsa Dance Classes in Swindon.
Social Salsa Dance Classes
OUR NEXT SET OF SOCIAL SALSA DANCE CLASSES FOR: BEGINNERS, IMPROVERS AND INTERMEDIATES START ON TUESDAY 2 JULY. To put into effect your learning from all of our Classes, our next Social Salsa Party Night is on Friday 28th June.
At Social Salsa in Swindon we are delivering Social Salsa dance classes in 6 Class Courses for Beginner, Improver and Intermediate dancers. Each class links to the next in a structured progression of moves and techniques. As a result, your basic moves will become captured in your muscle memory. Every week we will add one or two new moves and explain how your posture, frame and connection impact on the execution of these moves.
- Level One is for beginners; those people new to Salsa dancing and anyone wishing to understand the timing and basic footwork.
- Level Two is for beginners who understand the timing and basic footwork.
- Level three is for those dancers who have progressed with us and for those who already know the timing, basic steps, cross body leads and right and left turns. In Level three we cover one and a half pivot turns and single spins amongst other moves.
- Level four contains double spins, several new moves and linking complex combinations.
- Level five links complex combinations and continues building on our pivot turns.
We invite you to Like and Follow our Page “Social Salsa in Swindon” on Facebook, it is up-to-date with our Events and Classes.
Join us in Swindon every Tuesday 7.30pm-10.00pm to enjoy our Classes, Socialise and Dance Salsa. To put into use your Salsa dance skills, our next Party Night is on Friday 28 June from 7.30pm. Your 6th Class will be at 8pm during the Party when we will be teaching a mixed level Salsa Class. Following on, from 9pm there will be Social Dancing.
We are here to provide our Members with Classes that link together and an end of Course Party Night. We provide 5 Levels of Classes from Beginners to Intermediates.
Social Salsa in Swindon promote learning on a regular basis and in groups of similar abilities. We offer learning in a friendly, supportive and structured manner. Encouraging all dancers to build a strong foundation of basic steps and essential techniques.
Once you have your basic steps, timing and footwork down we will add a few new moves each week. Always revisiting the essential techniques of posture, frame and connection.
To learn any dance, alongside your classes, there needs to an amount of learning by doing. This is when you social dance and to encourage and enable this we provide an end of course Party Night at the weekend.
Our course fees are excellent value: one fee of £36, this covers the 6 Classes and the Party Night.
If you have to miss a class or two we will help you catch up. Both during the social half hour after classes on Tuesdays and during the occasions when you are able to take two classes in one evening.
This Course Covers:
Tuesdays: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 July
Saturday 3 August (mixed level classes at 8pm during our Party Night)
Levels 4 and 2 at 7.30pm
Levels 5, 3 and 1 (Beginners) at 8.30pm
9.30-10pm questions, social dancing and practice time for all
It is £36 for the Course. This is for levels 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 and includes the entire evening (7.30-10pm).
Please join the Club via our Courses this will enable us to provide more exciting events with Guest Teachers.
Levels 4 and 5 are available at £8 drop in. Party Nights are also available to non-members at £10 drop in.
We have free parking on site, please park to the left of the Christ Church. Then walk infront of the Church and you will see the Community Centre. Now enter the Community Centre (via the front steps) and turn left into the Hall.
Tea, coffee and water is provided with our compliments throughout the evening.
We are a Social Salsa Club and invite you to social dance with us every Tuesday evening and during our Party Nights. No partners are required we rotate the leaders and followers so we dance with everyone within each class. To stay up to date you may wish to like and follow us on our Facebook Page “Social Salsa in Swindon”.
I (Clare) am available on 07766265223 to contact via phone, text or What’s App, to answer any questions and for booking and payment details .
Thank you for your interest in Social Salsa in Swindon and we look forward to meeting you soon,
Clare, Ben, Richard, Rob and Bela
Our Club Benefits:
- Friendly, Supportive, and Enthusiastic Teachers
- We teach in groups of similar abilities on a regular attendance basis (the best way to learn) with structured classes and levels
- Your Course fee covers the entire evening
- No partner required we rotate partners as a matter of course
- There is time to practise and Social Dance
- A Saturday or Friday Party Night is included
- A great reason to dress up at the Weekend and enjoy a fun night out
- Our Courses are very easy to pay for via bank transfer. Please What’s App me for bank transfer details
- We offer regular Tuesday evenings for Dancing Salsa. An opportunity to make new friends and to catch up with current ones at your Social Salsa in Swindon Club
- Complimentary water, tea and coffee are served throughout the evening to keep you going after a long day at work and during our Party Nights
- Free parking close to our venue
Salsa Party Nights
Our Salsa Saturday OR Friday Party Nights
commence at 7.30pm in Christ Church Community Centre, Old Town, Swindon, SN1 3HB.
Please put these dates in your diaries and help us to “spread the word”. The more Dancers the Merrier!!
DATES FOR and Guest Teachers for 2019!!
Saturdays or Fridays in 2019!!!
Saturday 25 may 2019
Friday 28 june 2019
Saturday 3 August 2019 – Social Salsa in Swindon
Friday 6 sept 2019
Saturday 12 oct 2019 – Basil Pinnock Dance2Infinity Dance Academy
Saturday 16 nov 2019
Saturday 21 dec 2019
Info of our Parties held during 2018
6th January – Guest Teacher Basil Pinnock, Director of www.Dance2Infinity.co.uk based in Maidenhead.
3rd February – Social Salsa in Swindon
13th March – Gary Thomas and Emily Jayne Turpin return from Latin Motion and Mamboleo Dance School in Birmingham
7th April – Guest Teacher Cedric Sureshkumar of Yo Salsa
5th May – Social Salsa in Swindon
16th June – Sergio Fernandez, Bachata Oxford
7th July – Lee Swift of Albanico Salsa in Warmley
4th August – Cedric Sureshkumar of Yo Salsa
1st September – Rosa and Giles from On Salsa in Oxford
6th October – Darran Brady of Love 4 Salsa in Bristol
3rd November – Social Salsa in Swindon
1st December – Marchant and Davina Salsa Superstars from Alchemy Dance Company. We are delighted to announce they will be Teaching and Performing!!!!
Our Previous Party Nights include:
1st July guest Teachers Julie Jools and Andrew Lloyd from Eternal Salsa and Bachata in Almondsbury, Bristol.
2nd September guest Teacher Sergio Fernandez from Bachata Oxford.
2nd December guest Teachers Alex Fright and Hannah from Salsa Bristol. Both performance dancers for Adolfo and Mambo City’s On2 Team. They are also performing in Italy, Spain and Germany. Both performers with Gil and Shelley at Pexava in London. Hannah is also a member and performer in the Karel Flores Team. Regular Teachers at Bristol Salsa.